We’re proud to announce the Serena PVCS Version Manager 8.5 release. The updates ensure customers can continue to use PVCS with confidence while platform currency provides continued co-existence within their broader development tool ecosystem.
Below are the major highlights from the Serena PVCS Version Manager 8.5 release:
- New “Rename Workfiles with Archives” Desktop Client functionality provides the ability to rename versioned controlled workfiles with archives.
- Enhanced “File Filter” feature helps users optimize their Desktop and I-Net client displays.
- Redesigned I-Net dialogs provide a more modern, enhanced user experience.
- The new Server Admin application for Linux enhances the experience for Version Manager administrators by providing server and service runtime status.
- Visual Studio users can now rebind solutions which were added externally to the IDE with the new “Change Binding” functionality.
- Apache Tomcat, Serena SSO and Java JRE internal components have been updated, providing the latest security updates.
Updated platform and integration support with Serena PVCS Version Manager 8.5:
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Enterprise/Professional
- Windows Server 2012
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.4
- AIX 7.x
- Solaris 11
- Serena Business Manager 10.1.3
- Visual Studio 2012
- Eclipse 4.2
- Support for Oracle JRE version 1.7 update 45 (and 1.6 update 45)
Obtaining the New Version & Documentation
Serena PVCS Version Manager 8.5, along with the accompanying Readme, Release Notes and Documentation, can be downloaded from My Downloads under Serena Support.