Introducing CM Build Expert
In the fourth of a series of articles we are going to look at the Dimensions CM Build expert and how you can harness this technology from within Pulse.
Dimensions Build is a build management, execution, and monitoring tool that is part of Serena® Dimensions® CM. Dimensions Build enables you to execute builds from the Build Administration Console in the Dimensions CM Administration Console, or from the Dimensions desktop, web, and ISPF clients.
CM Build offers a completely integrated out of the box solution for running builds on a Dimensions Server or a Dimensions Agent. It supports a closed loop build as well as a bill of materials and the creation of built of relationships between source and target item revisions.
The PDF document describes the following 5 steps to implement this:
Step 1: Create a working CM Build Scenario
Step 2: Create the Suite and Product
Step 3: Create an expert chain
Step 4: Make a deliver a modification
Step 5: View the newly created change set results in Pulse
Download the PDF document for more information on how to implement this expert.
Experts supplied with Pulse
In Dimensions CM 14.2, Pulse comes with a comprehensive array of plugins that can be used, these include:
- Checkstyle: enforces coding standards.
- Jenkins: a continuous integration server that you can use with Pulse to execute, and report on, builds of changesets as they are delivered.
- Kiuwan: measures, analyzes, and verifies the quality of your code.
- PMD: analyzes source code and finds common programming bugs.
- SDA Deployment: imports and deploys a component using Serena Deployment Automation.
- SDA Generic Process: runs a generic process in Serena Deployment Automation.
- SonarQube: inspects the quality of your code.
- Dependency Vulnerabilities: finds third party dependencies in your code that may have known security vulnerabilities.
Please note that as well as the current experts that come with the standard Pulse installation, it is also possible to create your own expert. For more information please go to: http://www.serenacentral.com/blogs/technical/entry/new-in-14-2-pulse-create-an-example-custom-expert-tutorial